A comprehensive guide to decorating your own home, without breaking the bank.
"As an experienced interior designer, Molly Brown knows all the tips and tricks of her trade and shares them all in this easy to follow e-book. From finding the perfect color, shade and texture for a carpet, all the way to choosing the perfect lamp for the bathroom - you will learn everything you need to know to create that beautiful home you have always wanted."
Carpet, hardwood, and tile
Choosing the right floor can make an enormous difference to the "look" of your home. One wrong carpet and you've set yourself back fifty years in style. Besides the aesthetic aspect, there's are also other criteria to consider. For instance, what kind of floor do you want your toddler crawling over? What is more important - comfort and protection, i.e. something soft, or preferably something hygienic, or is it possible to have both?
If money is an issue, know that there are many ways you can save on costs without saving on quality. For example, have you ever heard of concrete wood? It looks just like wood, it even feels like wood, but it only costs a fraction of the price of getting real hardwood floors, on top of which it will last much longer and require virtually no care whatsoever.
Creating your very own style
"Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever."
He was most likely talking about style in the sense of clothing style, but the same principle applies to interior decorating. Besides the fact that having your own style is way cooler than just going with the flow, it is also much kinder to your checkbook to not just follow the current fashion. To illustrate this, just think of the multi-colored leggings of the eighties. Very fashionable in the eighties, social suicide nowadays. Now compare that to Audrey Hepburn. She is still considered a style-icon, even though she has been dead for over twenty years now.
...and much, much more!
- How to find the perfect lighting fixtures for your kitchen, and choosing the right kind of light bulb to give the room warmth and make it appear clean.
- How to make different colored / textured furniture work well together.
- How to use curtains to make your windows appear bigger.
- How to create your own accessory decorations to give it just the right touch of personality.
- How to find awesomely great stuff in flea markets and garage sales.
- How to make functional things, like radiators, look like fine pieces of art.
- Special: How to furnish and decorate the perfect children's room to make it look beautiful, and which your kids will love.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of it! Comments and questions are all welcome.